Image Map

Mongolian Beef

18 September 2012

Have I mentioned before how much I love the crockpot?  Generally I try to use it during the week, but this past Saturday was kind of a busy day and well I had a hankering for some beef! Ha. OK that’s not entirely true. We were supposed to leave town and stay at a friend’s beach house and I figured I would want to play on Saturday not slave in the kitchen. So I decided  I would bring my crockpot with me to the beach and we could have a nice simple/a bit fancier crockpot dinner waiting for us at the end of the day. But then our plans fell through and I couldn’t get Mongolian beef out of my head!

I had made this once before when we had friends over on a Friday night to celebrate their quickie wedding. I knew I couldn’t be slaving in the kitchen all day and I knew when I got home from work I would have other things to do besides cook a main dish.  And I really didn’t want to do chicken in the crockpot for a wedding celebration.

So I didn’t take any photos, honestly it isn't the prettiest looking dish. Hopefully you make it and can take photos for me! wishful thinking? OK..OK.. I’ll make it again, twist my arm.

Oh and I also want to note that I know this recipe has a lot of ingredients but the only thing I didn’t have in the house was the molasses. Who keeps molasses? Well not me.   I served it over rice with some steamed veggies, but you could certainly eat in a wrap (I totally did this like 3 hours after we had dinner, hey that’s why I work out so much, so I can do just that)

Enjoy! – Mongolian Beef

No comments:

Post a Comment