Image Map

Longwood Gardens

20 September 2012

Longwood Gardens is a local attraction that showcases 1077 acres showcase 20 indoor and 20 outdoor gardens, and 2 treehouses. The last owner of the estate was Pierre DuPont and he purchased the land with the idea of creating the gardens one at time.  It is soooo beautiful. 

Check out the website - http://www.longwoodgardens.org/

Last night I went there with my sister, my Mother in Law, and my Brother in Law and his family to see a light exhibit. My husband couldn’t come because of work, which was a bummer, but I still had fun!

This is what the website says about the lights:

Never before seen in the United States, this debut exhibition illuminates the gardens with large-scale, site-specific light installations.
Wander through a field of light reminiscent of flowers, discover a meadow of glowing towers changing hues, and delight in a shower of cascading raindrops fashioned from delicate lights as you are immersed in a new and truly unique garden experience. Both indoors and outdoors, by day and by night, Light will change the way you see gardens.”

The exhibit was beautiful and they even served wine (which of course I took advantage of).  The only downside to the whole night was the fact that we couldn’t get there until 7:30 which meant we didn’t get home until after 10:00, and we didn’t even get to explore everything!

These pictures are terrible (my sister took them, you can blame her) but they’re something!

Group picture of the women:

Mother in Law, Brooke, and me

 Brooke my Sister in Law’s daughter

Brody my Sister in Law’s son


There isn't going to be a reading update post today, as I haven't done a bit of reading and because I'm leaving town first thing tomorrow morning for Ohio.  I can't wait to see my family and friends and give them all big hugs! I loved loved moving away when I was headed to college and getting married, but I certainly wish somedays that I lived closer to the people that mean the most to me.  I promise I'll take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment