Image Map

How was my weekend? Well, let me tell you

22 April 2013


Even though you may not actually want to know.  I again this weekend basically did nothing.  Honestly, its working out well for me. and to top it off Ben joined me this weekend, it was like my most ideal kind of weekend.  

 Let’s start with Friday: work, blah, work, blah, go home eat chips on the sofa and then convince husband he must have a sushi dinner since it’s his birthday on Sunday! Amazing beyond amazing. It wasn’t until all of our beautiful sushi was in our bellies that I though hmm I should have taken a photo of that heaven on a plate.  Go home, read, go to sleep. 

 And onto Saturday: workout, library, clean the house, do the laundry while listening to an audio book, fold laundry, lay down on sofa to read a book, take a nap, fold some more laundry, read more of my book.  At this point Ben gets home and asks if I’ve been in my pj’s all day and I could honestly say the answer was no!  I wore my workout clothes for the 1st half of the day while I got my sweat on and cleaned the house, and then after I did all the mentioned above I took a shower and put my pj’s on. So see I spent more than half the day in my workout clothes, which might explain the small blemishes that seem to have appeared at my bra line. But who cares really?  So back in my pj’s on the sofa, I grab a beer and suggest a game of yatzee(I’m spelling this wrong but you know what it is I’m not going to go google, mmmkay?)  to Ben and he says how about we order in?  who am I to disagree with an awesome plan like that.  So we get a game under our belts and dinner arrives!  It was less than stellar honestly, but I had cheese fries to divert my attention so I didn’t care as much as Ben.  At some point I started reading again and Ben fell asleep.  I think I was asleep by 9:30.  I know this is what my life has come to and I love it.

 Sunday morning:  I woke up at 6:00, maybe because I went to sleep at 9:30 Saturday after a day of doing basically nothing. But it was Ben’s 31st birthday so I made him decaf coffee with bailey’s (remember we’re not drinking caffeine) and an egg sandwich.  Then we lounged for a bit and Ben agreed to go to the grocery store with me if I would go with him to get a 6 pack of yummy beers for his birthday. Why not?  Well the reason I shouldn’t have agreed is because I had to be the mean person when he wanted everything in the store!  He is NOT one to take grocery shopping!  Once back home I made us BLT’s for lunch and Ben took a nap while I read.  His parents were supposed to come over to wish him a happy birthday and didn’t show up for 2.5 hours so Ben watched the movie Lincoln.  I of course read my book.  His parents came, we went on a nice dog walk, then came home and I made dinner.  So basically we ate a lot yesterday. and It was good. I’m not even THAT bloated today! Go figure

Now here we are Monday morning and I’m feeling refreshed and happy.  Ben thanked me for an amazing birthday yesterday to which I replied, anytime, because dude we really can do nothing any weekend you want!

 OK. I have to work now.  I just put way too much time and effort into that.  I’ll leave you with a picture of the scallops I made last night to go along with our dinner. They were awesome.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment