Image Map

Weekly Menu

08 October 2012

I must get back into planning meals for my family.  I have been beyond terrible lately, and while nobody is eating poorly we’re eating the same food over and over again and then also as leftovers.  So I’m going to make a conscious effort to get a plan in place and keep it. 

At one point I was so good about meal planning that I would spend an entire day making freezer meals and storing them for days when I didn’t feel like actually cooking, or days that I worked or went to the gym late and my husband was at home trying to figure out what we should be eating.  I think since the weather is getting colder and I won’t be outside as much I’ll have more time to make freezer meals.

Hopefully as I get back into this routine I’ll be able to start sharing recipes and pictures with you too!

Sunday – steak, roasted potatoes, asparagus

Monday – semplicita angel hair & artichokes w/a side salad
Tuesday – Dinner at the farm (my IL’s house, family dinner)

Wednesday – pork tenderloin, with either sweet potato mash or sweet potato fries

Thursday – leftovers

Friday – meatloaf, roasted butternut squash, and a side salad

Saturday – not sure yet.

That’s it!  Week one we’re using only food that we have in the house.  I have so much beef we need to eat and why not eat from our supplies.  I am terrible about having a craving for something and buying more food for the house when we already have plenty to eat.  So this week out of all the meals above I had everything in the house except for the asparagus, score!!

No comments:

Post a Comment