Image Map

The Verdict is in

13 November 2012

It’s my husband. His sperm count and mobility are low.  They don’t have the full results yet but that is the big factor in why we’re not getting pregnant.  They said any sort of social drinking or smoking he does has to stop immediately.  He is absolutely willing to do this.

I also ovulate late, which they don’t love, but it isn’t a huge issue.

The RE’s suggestion: Clomid and an IUI(insemination) or Clomid w/ intercourse

But that’s expensive folks, and my insurance doesn’t cover this shit.  So now my husband and I have to decide what to do.

I called him and talked to him about it briefly on my way into work.  He wants to hold off on doing anything over the holidays and then go full gusto in January and do the Clomid and IUI.

I on the other hand hate that we’ll be losing two months.  Sure we can try naturally but our chances are slim.  They’re going to call me this afternoon to see what we want to do.

I’m at a loss. I just don’t know.  I understand where my husband is coming from and think that route might be the best one, I’m just sad that those will be two months I’m not getting pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. Aw A! I'm so sorry. At least now you have answers and options.

    I know waiting until January isn't ideal but at least the next month and a half will fly by because of the holidays. Fingers crossed that you get a BFP asap! :)

    ReplyDelete