Image Map

Exciting appt. today…..

15 May 2014

I had my 38 week appt. this morning. Bear wasn't being super cooperative and when my midwife checked his heart rate it was only 120. She said she likes it to be between 120-160 and he is normally around 140...so she sent me off for an u/s to make sure my fluid levels were okay. I sent Ben a text and he kind of freaked out.  I told him not to worry that if anything was wrong we would have some time to pull everything together and for him to get to the hospital.  I never once was scared because I knew that Bear and I were both in good hands.  The plan was to check for amniotic fluid levels, movement, and to see if he was practice breathing.  And of course my little boy passed all the tests with flying colors!!

By the time I was in the u/s room his heart rate was 148 and he was breathing and looked perfect. the u/s tech said he has lots of hair, so I can't wait for that!!!

I certainly don't want to get induced if I don't need to, but i'll be honest the thought of getting to meet him today or tomorrow was rather exciting. but of course I don't want him to be stressed at all or to be forced into the world if he isn’t ready.

so we still wait. i'm 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. so progress from 2 weeks ago when I was 1cm and not effaced at all. FX my body keeps up the good work:)



No comments:

Post a Comment