Image Map

Hello 38 weeks

14 May 2014

I’m coming in hot for my last couple of weeks here!!! So excited to meet this little guy.  This past weekend we celebrated mother’s day which was sooo sweet. My husband and I did a lot of stuff around the house but we also took the time to go for a hike

 
And we went out to dinner, he bought me flowers and a hammock…..what more could a girl ask for?!

Now we’re just impatiently waiting for this guy to arrive. Every day I want it to be the day.  When I talk to my sister she repeatedly tells me that I won’t have this baby on time and that he’ll come late. So of course I appreciate that:/ she seems to think that because I want to go as natural as possible with my birth all will go wrong and I’ll end up getting induced and then maybe having a c-section. I for real, really appreciate her vote of confidence.

Anyways, enough about me, I’m not sure if you remember but this is about me and Bear.

 

 
 

· How far along are you? 38 weeks. I won’t be pregnant for more than 3 weeks longer at this point.

· Total weight gain: uh 29lbs total. We’ll see what tomorrow’s appt. brings
 
· How big is baby? About 6.5lbs maybe 7. About the size of a large cabbage. The placenta alone at this point weighs about 1lb.

· Maternity Clothes? Yes, and I’ve been wearing my maternity dresses lately because they’re so much more comfortable than pants.

·Sleep? I’m sleeping. Still exhausted. I can’t wait to go home and lay in bed. But a lot of today’s exhaustion has to do with me meeting friends Monday and Tuesday night. That takes its toll on a pregnant person

·Best moment this week? I don’t know. I think its seeing H get more and more freaked out about the baby coming. Not because that’s good, but because he’s motivated to get everything done.  And he loves seeing the little guy move.

·Movement? Not moving as much as he was previously, but he’s still wiggling around in there.

·Food Cravings? Last week I wasn’t hungry, this week I’m starving!!

·Food aversions? nada

·Labor Signs? Cramping. I’m feeling it more often and not just at night anymore.  On Saturday I felt it big time contractions so I’m thinking I’ll have the midwife check me tomorrow to see if I’ve made any more progress or if I’m still dilated to 1cm. I’m continuing with the evening primrose oil.

·Belly Button in or out? in. you can’t know how excited this makes me.

·What I miss? Being able to wake up and throw on any random piece of clothing. I swear something can fit me one day and the next its impossible.

·What I’m looking forward to? Meeting my Bear!!!!

·Milestone? Baby is ready to come out!! full term, so make your appearance

· Stretch Marks? So definitely on my butt and hips. My stomach we can’t tell yet. One on my left boob. You’re welcome for the specifics:)



Bonus: Saturday morning selfie!


2 comments:

  1. My sister is 38 wks today as well and she is in l&d this morning...waiting to see if she stays or not. So exciting! ! Enjoy these last few wks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did your sister have her baby?!

      totally jealous if she did

      Delete